About Me

Hi there

thankyou for visiting my blog.I work from my lovely workroom at the top of the garden. I design and create beautiful handmade curtains, blinds and all aspects of soft furnishings including, pelmets, lampshades, valances and cushions. Mainly I work alone with the help of small team during busy periods.

In addition to the soft furnishings I have a huge passion for all things vintage. I adore decorative textiles, beads buttons etc.

Throughout the year I will be exhibiting at various handmade gift fairs and shows.

20 Feb 2010

Surrounded by suffolk puffs........

It seems everywhere I turn just lately there are suffolk puffs, has anyone thought the same? Ive always loved using them either with a heavy fabric to give a hard structured texture or with pretty soft sheer or silk for a delicate effect.

Anyway I decided it was time to make a few........on a bag.....

I had some gorgeous french fabric in a soft green and lilac to use as the background,




some pretty silks in greens, pinks and soft purple,


and of course lots of treasured beads, buttons and ribbon...


and the finished bag....



what an enjoyable project, hmm off to do more....... watch this space.....
Enjoy the weekend
x

3 comments:

  1. Lovely!! Gorgeous - you always use colours so well.
    I'm so glad you call them Suffolk puffs.
    It's what I've always known them as and can remember doing a project on landscapes, at college, made entirely from Suffolk puffs. I think the Americanism is YoYos - horrible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love the colour combination - you have inspired me to use green and lilac together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I've given you a Sunshine blog award! Tracy x
    visit http://cinnamonjewellery.blogspot.com to find out more

    ReplyDelete